Type Here to Get Search Results !

Idris Elba admits to going to therapy for his work addiction

The Luther star confesses that he is working to dismantle habits he considers unhealthy

Idris Elba admits to going to therapy for his work addiction

51-year-old actor Idris Elba doesn't have everything under control. Despite being in one of his best professional moments, with the arrival to the cinema of his character Luther, in the British series of the same name, and for several years with roles in the most important productions in the world, Idris confessed that he is treating his "addiction to work".

"I'm thinking about changing a lot of things. It's not that I'm unhappy with what I do, or that I feel like I don't like myself, but I have some unhealthy habits that have settled in," he said in an interview on Annie Macmanus' podcast.

There, Elba said that he has been going to therapy for a year to deal with this issue, and admitted that the industry gives rise to these types of habits. Let us remember that the performer not only shines in front of the camera, but he has written, directed, and produced different films, series, music videos, and TV shows.

"I am a workaholic. Absolutely. And that is not good for life. No extreme is good. Everything needs a balance, but I am aware that I am very addicted to my work," Idris Elba explained.

The solution, however, he does not consider to be necessarily working less, since he also admitted that he feels good when he acts, and that he can film extreme scenes and barely finish, and feel good, even "better than if he were sitting on the couch in my house".

For now, he will not seek to distance himself from the cameras. Yes, maybe for a while I will look for some other activity to clear my mind. He is not lacking in curiosity, and that is why during his life he has not only written, acted, directed, and produced films and television, but also trained as a DJ (when he was still a young unknown on the scene) and has worked with several musical artists.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.