Type Here to Get Search Results !

The scene Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet hated filming

The scene ended up being as funny as it was tender but during the production of the film it had many detractors.

The scene Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet hated filming

Titanic is one of the most iconic films of the 90s. The love story based on real events that unite a woman from high society with a young man who comes to the ship for a bet and without money became one of the most romantic dramas. famous people of recent decades. James Cameron deployed great special effects in this film, proposed new ways of making disaster films, and also achieved a handful of unforgettable scenes.

Among the most memorable scenes of the film is the one in which Jack, the character played by Leonardo DiCaprio, teaches Rose (Kate Winslet) how to spit, in a crystallization of their social differences, his education, and her customs. The truth is that this scene ended up being as funny as it was tender but during the production of the film it had many detractors. This is what Cameron commented in an interview with The Buffalo News in 1997:

"I wrote the scene where Jack shows Rose how to spit. The president of my company begged me to take her out. I hated her. My co-producer didn't like her, neither did the people at Fox nor did Leonardo DiCaprio. "Kate Winslet didn't like the spitting scene ever since we sat down to read the script the first time."

Although at first many of those involved in Titanic did everything to have the scene left out of the final cut, Cameron continued with his idea and achieved the approval of the audience and the crew: "I finally got them to love it. It's probably the second or third most beloved scene in the movie. The way I do it is that if I have a doubt about something, and if I fear the same thing about other people, I act on it. But if I believe strongly in something, I don't care how much people tell me it's wrong, it has to be a personal issue," said the director.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.