Type Here to Get Search Results !

Keira Knightley Dismisses Notions of Her Own Beauty

Keira Knightley, famous for her roles in "Pirates of the Caribbean," "Pride and Prejudice," "The Jacket," and "Bend It Like Beckham," has candidly expressed her reservations about the contemporary obsession with fame among the youth. 

Keira Knightley Dismisses Notions of Her Own Beauty

In an interview with the British radio station Radio Times, the 22-year-old lamented the aspiration of many young people solely to attain fame, stating, "It terrifies me when you hear young people say they want to be famous. Why? Because they give you a table in a restaurant? You know what? If you make a reservation, they'll give it to anyone. If you want to be rich and famous, go to work on the stock market," injecting a touch of irony into her commentary.

Furthermore, Knightley voiced her concerns about the excessive focus on her physical appearance. While acknowledging compliments about her looks, she emphasized the role of genetics and revealed the artificiality behind her public image, noting, "If someone tells me I'm pretty, I say 'thank you,' I have good genes. And okay, I'm on the cover of a magazine, but I have one person doing my hair, another person doing my makeup, and then they completely retouch me. I'm not me; it's something that other people believe," she disclosed.

In addition, the actress criticized the prevailing trend of divulging intricate details about actors' private lives, asserting that this practice "ruins the magic" of films. Expressing a preference for movies from past decades, Knightley emphasized her desire to preserve the mystique surrounding actors by avoiding intimate knowledge about their personal lives. 

"That's why I like to watch movies from 20, 30, 40 and 50 years ago because I don't want to know who the actors are, I don't want to know their life story. I want them to be the characters they play on the screen. The magic is there on the screen, in not knowing what's behind it, because that ruins it," she remarked.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.