Type Here to Get Search Results !

Keira Knightley Shares Struggles During Tumultuous Years and Turn to Hypnosis for Relief

Keira Knightley discloses the challenging period of five years in her life, a phase she scarcely recalls and one that unfolded after some of her most significant successes. 

Keira Knightley Shares Struggles During Tumultuous Years and Turn to Hypnosis for Relief

Knightley commenced her career at a tender age of 8 and has become renowned for her roles in iconic films like 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and 'Love Actually.'

Now 38 years old, having recently received the Order of the British Empire medal, Knightley reflects on the darker side of success that led her to contemplate leaving the world of acting, an industry that took a toll on her well-being.

Her rise to international stardom commenced at an early age, with roles in 'Star Wars: Episode 1-The Phantom Menace' at 14, 'Bend It Like Beckham' at 16, and 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl' and 'Love Actually' at 17. 

However, the aftermath of such achievements ushered in a tumultuous period that Knightley describes as the blur from 19 to 23, where her coping mechanisms seemed to shield her from the linear recall of events.

"In retrospect, the time from 19 to 23 is hazy for me. My brain's coping mechanisms kicked in, preventing me from thinking about it in a linear way," she confides in the magazine. "My world shattered at 22. Everything ceased to function, and I felt like I had fragmented into pieces—like my brain had literally split," she adds.

Fleeing from the public eye, Knightley faced debilitating panic attacks and contemplated the possibility of never returning to work. Despite her enduring love for acting, it was the extraneous aspects of fame that proved challenging. 

"During that time in my life, I was still evolving. Like many young people, I hadn't yet defined who I was or who I was going to be," she reflects.

In addition to grappling with her internal struggles, Knightley had to contend with external criticism, gradually eroding her self-esteem and adversely affecting her health. "Walking the red carpet was impossible without experiencing a panic attack. 

So, I turned to hypnotic therapy, and it worked. Fortunately, I haven't felt that way since," she reveals, describing the therapeutic intervention that helped her navigate through those difficult times.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.