Type Here to Get Search Results !

Megan Fox the revelations of the actress reopen the debate on the pressures of the 'perfect physique'

The American actress and model Megan Fox say that she is in one of the best moments of her life, personally and professionally.

Megan Fox's recent film and television projects, as well as her new relationship with Machine Gun Kelly, whom she considers her "soul mate," have helped her overcome the emotional issues that came along with her acting career. 

A very strong one was the "s**ualization" of which he said he was a victim due to his aesthetic treatments, as well as for roles on the screen such as that of Mikaela Banes in the box office success Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen ("Transformers: the revenge of the fallen").

Another problem, which she revealed in a recent interview with the British edition of the magazine, still haunts her.

Asked by journalist Molly Lambert if the fact that she is "so beautiful and intelligent" intimidates many men, Fox said that appearances are deceiving.

"We can look at someone and think, 'That person is so beautiful. Her life must be so easy.' Chances are she doesn't feel that way," she said in the interview.

Body dysmorphia is a mental disorder in which a person has a negative image of some part of their body.

Fixation of that detail, even when it is a wrong perception, can be very obsessive for that person.

Fox did not elaborate on why she feels this way. But she says that being with her boyfriend has allowed her to work on her perception and feel comfortable with it.

"I think I had put myself - or allowed other people to put me - in this strange box where I didn't quite fit in, where for a long time I didn't live my own life being myself... those more eccentric parts of me or strangers who didn't correspond with my family or with Hollywood," he explained.

"I was never the beautiful girl in my school"

Megan Fox the revelations of the actress reopen the debate on the pressures of the 'perfect physique'

On other occasions, Fox has been open when talking about the personal conflicts that have accompanied her since she was a child.

"I was never the beautiful girl in my school. I mean, I had braces and I dyed my hair orange... I wasn't the popular girl... I was always the loner," she told The Hollywood Reporter in 2011.

She later claimed that she reached a "breaking point" after the 2009 release of the film Jennifer's Body, a time when the press defined her an "s** symbol".

"I didn't want to be seen, I didn't want to have to take a picture, be in a magazine, walk on a rug, I didn't want to be seen in public at all out of fear and belief and absolute certainty that they would be made fun of." me, or they would spit on me, or someone would yell at me, or people would stone me or attack me for just being out there... so I went through a very dark time after that," he told Entertainment Tonight, in 2019.

After experiencing this, Fox says that she is calmer with the past.

Megan Fox the revelations of the actress reopen the debate on the pressures of the 'perfect physique'

"I've done my best to try to make sense of that. Because it's easy when you go through something like that to feel like a victim, obviously. That's the first instinct and response,".

"I worked hard to get rid of that feeling of being a victim and to realize that it was a lesson. So I had a purpose and I didn't have to suffer anymore. It has [made me] grow into a much more interesting human being than I ever thought." it would have been without it. It gives you the space to be grateful for something you felt haunted for before," he added.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.