Type Here to Get Search Results !

Emma Watson reveals her father offered her alcohol as a child

"She was really confused as a teenager and everyone thought alcohol was a 'forbidden fruit,'" confessed 'The Harry Potter star

The 'Harry Potter star, now 33, made the revelation to the Financial Times when talking about her brand of gin, Renais, which she is launching with her younger brother, Alex Watson. The actress explained that, because of the encouragement she had at home, she never thought of trying alcoholic beverages only when she reached the age of majority.

Emma Watson reveals her father offered her alcohol as a child

"I was quite surprised when the other teenagers she knew were really excited about getting some alcohol," said Emma, who is the daughter of lawyers, Chris and Jacqueline. "My dad would give me wine mixed with water at lunch since I was a kid. So I was really confused as a teenager and everyone thought alcohol was a 'forbidden fruit'."

This is not the first time the artist has addressed the issue. According to British Glamor, in 2010, the star said that her father did not like "children's things". "[My brother and I] were never allowed to order from the children's menu at restaurants. He always expected me to have adult conversations. I wasn't spoiled; I was expected to act up when asked to do something," she said. started.

"I was never allowed to drink alcohol anymore – I was seven when I had my first glass of wine, mixed with water and with a meal," continued the actress. "I thought it was really weird when I went to school and everyone said, 'Look, we have alcohol!' I wasn't interested."

In addition to having played the role of Hermione Granger in the 'Harry Potter saga between 2001 and 2011, Emma Watson participated in the films 'Beauty and the Beast' (2017), 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' (2012) and, 'Bling Ring: The Hollywood Gang' (2013).

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.