Type Here to Get Search Results !

Leonardo DiCaprio ashamed of his performance in Titanic

Titanic was the feature film that consolidated him as a great promise of international cinema.

American actor Leonardo DiCaprio couldn't have been more proud than he was when Titanic 3-D was released in 2012. However, director James Cameron confirmed to the press that the blonde was a bit embarrassed to see himself on screen.

Leonardo DiCaprio ashamed of his performance in Titanic

“I couldn't show you the whole movie, but I did show you the first 18 minutes, months before the edit was ready. It was a good meeting for us and it was great to see his reaction. I could not believe it. He told me: 'I'm a punk kid. Look at me. He was practically crawling under the seat, it was a good time,” Cameron told reporters.

The actor was unable to attend the world premiere of Titanic 3-D in London because he was filming Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained in Louisiana. Cameron did arrive on the red carpet, as did his beloved "Rose", Kate Winslet.

“I would have liked Leo to accompany us. It would have been fantastic for him to be part of the great celebration”, added the filmmaker.

The 11 Oscar-winning film is one of the highest-grossing of all time. The release of the 3-D reissue marked the 100th Anniversary of the ocean liner's tragic maiden voyage in April 1912.

“I was happy to be part of the film, people will continue to see it forever. I am part of something historical, in many ways. It gave me the opportunity as an actor to direct the course of my destiny," DiCaprio told The Sun.

Leo began his career as a teenager, appearing on the shows Santa Barbara and Growing Pains, before being one of the main leads in Titanic in 1997.

He won a Golden Globe for his performance in The Aviator (2004), which earned him an Oscar nomination. He had other flirtations with the Academy for What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993) and Blood Diamond (2006) until he won the award in 2016 for The Revenant.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.