Type Here to Get Search Results !

The stars who abandoned their successful Hollywood careers

Cameron Diaz

The 47-year-old actress has not set foot on a film set for six years. At the peak of her career, the star made the decision to retire from cinema to dedicate herself full-time to family life. She is married to musician Benji Madden, a member of the rock band Good Charlotte, and, in January of this year, she became a new mom to a baby girl, Raddix. “It's funny that they don't know what I'm doing because my time is everything to me,” she said.

The stars who abandoned their successful Hollywood careers

She was one of the most sought-after women in the studios. She conquered the public with films like "My Best Friend's Wedding", "Vanilla Sky" and "The Sweetest Thing", among other blockbuster titles, and was the highest-paid actress in Hollywood. Her success was unstoppable. “I started experiencing fame when I was 22, 25 years ago, and that's a long time. I have given more than half of my life to the public. I feel like it's okay for me to take time to reorganize myself and choose how I want to return to the world. If I decide to do it," the interpreter explained to InStyle last year on the occasion of the magazine's 25th anniversary. The last film in which the Californian participated was the version of the musical "Annie", in 2014.

These years out of her spotlight led the actress to reflect on the timeless beauty imposed on both her and her fellow professionals. Those ideas she left are embodied in “The Book of Longevity. She lives strong, she lives better; The Art of aging well” (2016) in which he criticizes that a woman's age is seen as a negative aspect in the entertainment industry. Or, as Diaz stated in an interview in the Daily Mail tabloid, "Having birthdays used against you only perpetuates the myth that old is ugly or less valuable." In one of her last public appearances, she talked about how these years have allowed her to experience the feeling of not having people behind her all the time watching what is happening in her life. “I'm not promoting any movies and I don't have to give anything to anyone. I'm not going to do it anymore, I'm going to live my life."

Meg Ryan

Meg Ryan hasn't officially retired, but she hasn't appeared on screen for years. The one who was considered the queen of romantic comedy lost her crown some time ago there. With a much lower profile, exploring other facets, she is every now and then in the news due to her steps through the operating room that left her unrecognizable. More than a decade ago, she filmed her last film as her actress: "The Women", in 2008. Currently, the interpreter is 58 years old and is focused on her career as a director. The actress who faked the best orgasm in film history in "When Harry Met Sally" (1989) tried directing with "Ithaca", perhaps after accepting that her career as an actress did not give much more. 

But unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have saved her from the limbo to which Hollywood has condemned her either: the film received bad reviews and no one remembers it, despite having stars like Tom Hanks in the cast. In that film, she also worked with her son Jack by her, the fruit of her marriage to Dennis Quaid. “I regret not having tried my luck sooner as a writer, producer, or director. I recommend that Jack not settle for being an actor if he wants to control the business instead of the business controlling him, ”she confessed some time ago to the Magazine.

Calista Flockhart

The stars who abandoned their successful Hollywood careers

With five seasons, the sitcom "Ally McBeal" became an international hit in the late 1990s and Calista Flockhart became famous. After winning a Golden Globe for best actress in a television comedy, the series served as a testimonial for the actress's good luck in roles on the big screen. After William Shakespeare's “A Midsummer Night's Dream” or “Fragile”, she returned to the small screen with “Five Brothers”, the ABC production in which she remained for five years. At this time, she began dating Harrison Ford himself, 22 years older than her and whom she married in 2010, and with whom she adopted her son, Liam Flockhart Ford.

Since then, her career has been rather discreet, almost zero. She hasn't appeared in a movie since 2005 and she has a recurring role on "Supergirl," but she's not addicted to Hollywood or the paparazzi spotlight. The star declines any project that makes her stay away from her famous husband and son. “I am older and wiser. I think my priorities have changed a lot,” she said, reflecting on her career path. "My family is very important to me."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.