Type Here to Get Search Results !

Drew Barrymore and Jason Ritter reflected on the impact of alcoholism on their lives

Melanie Lynskey almost burst into tears when she remembered how she met her husband

Drew Barrymore and Jason Ritter reflected on the impact of alcoholism on their lives

Jason Ritter and Melanie Lynskey attended as special guests The Drew Barrymore Show, a talk show hosted by the star of Charly's Angels Like it was the first time. During the program, the actors opened up about her love story and it was just at that moment that the voice actor remembered that he was about to lose the love of his life due to his alcoholism.

With a big smile on his face, Drew Barrymore began the interview by questioning his colleague about when he knew Melanie Lynskey was the one for him. Jason Ritter took a deep breath and responded, “I knew how amazing Melanie was from the start. It's not as cute a story as I'd like to think."

And it is that the now-married couple met just when Ritter was going through an addiction to alcoholic beverages and felt that he could not start a relationship with anyone because he could hurt him. However, his attraction to her New Zealand colleague of hers was so strong that he began to focus on overcoming her alcoholism to win her over.

“It was messy and interesting and weird, but mixed with some alcohol issues,” Jason Ritter said. The host instantly sympathized with her colleague because she also went through a similar situation when she ended her relationship with actor Will Kopelman after four years of marriage.

“Me too,” Drew expressed. The voice actor continued the interview, recalling that he fell in love with her now-wife as soon as he saw her, but he had a big obstacle to overcome before even proposing to leave her:

"At one point I knew how amazing she was and I thought she would be amazing for someone else who deserved her, basically. I didn't feel like I was that person, I felt a little too crazy or something. So it was only after a year without drinking that I started to say, “Oh, maybe I can promise someone else some things. Maybe I can be that person."

Faced with the painful moment, Melanie Lynskey took her husband's hand and with tears in her eyes, she gave it a little squeeze as a gesture of empathy for the whole situation she went through.

“It's been a slow burn. So I knew that she was amazing. I was working on myself enough to feel that maybe I could be the one for her too," Ritter continued, and his wife applauded all the effort he made: "He worked very hard, he did a lot of work on himself, I'm so proud of him".

After learning a little more about the history of his colleagues, Drew Barrymore proudly recounted that it has been about four years without consuming alcoholic beverages in excess as he used to do since he separated from Kopelman: "I'm not in rehab but alcohol is my poison".

The host was recognized by the public and her interviewees, who congratulated her for overcoming a problem as big as alcoholism every day.

"The narrative you create is that you can't be with someone and I haven't been in a relationship since I stopped drinking. I really want to one day not have that bad girl narrative.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.