Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jennifer Connelly thinks her looks slowed her career down

Jennifer Connelly may have channeled the '80s as Tom Cruise's adventurous love interest Penny in the belated "Top Gun: Maverick." But for much of the actress's career, she has focused on more serious movies and dramas.

Jennifer Connelly thinks her looks slowed her career down

In fact, "Top Gun" may be the lightest movie Connelly has made since "The Labyrinth" and even that movie featured goblins kidnapping a little boy.

Connelly has always been notoriously picky when it comes to her roles in her films. She's even taken a break between movies because she'd rather focus on her family than star in a movie that wasn't right for her.

In an interview with The Magazine, she said: "I spent the whole year with my children and my husband. And that's wonderful. My job really suits me."

Not that every movie Connelly signs up for is a critical darling. She starred in two hits, "Creation" and "Shelter" alongside her real-life husband, Paul Bettany.

The first received especially scathing reviews. But often, some movies have been out of the control or reach of the actress.

Connelly says that her appearance has also affected her career. According to the actress, she is not chosen for certain roles.

Jennifer Connelly doesn't star in comedies thanks to her looks

"Requiem for a Dream?" "An amazing mind?" Her choice, but she must admit that Jennifer Connelly has a knack for starring in some of the most devastating dramas.

Unfortunately for the actress, Connelly believes that she is cast in dramas solely because of her looks. For that reason, she finds herself gravitating towards heavier material.

Jennifer Connelly thinks her looks slowed her career down

She told The Magazine Sunday Morning: "I don't know. But I tend to get into drama more. I think it's my eyebrows. I look very serious. I look stern even when I'm not. If I'm not feeling angry, I look a little angry. I can't help it. It's just my face."

She later confirmed to Femail that she would have to push herself to work in a comedy. "Right now I might have some trouble getting cast in a comedy, but I'd love to do one. I haven't really done one as a teen."

Fortunately, Connelly starred in a lighter affair when she appeared in "Spider-Man: Homecoming." Although you probably wouldn't recognize it.

Connelly ended up providing the voice for Peter Parker's AI system in her suit. Although she did not appear on screen, Connelly showed off her comedic chops of her own. Reportedly, she had a noticeably better time than the last time she attempted a superhero movie.

Jennifer Connelly fails at the box office after winning the Oscar

The year 2002 was a big one for Jennifer Connelly when she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for starring in "A Beautiful Mind."

The Oscars are obviously the highest pinnacle in acting, but many viewers turned to see what the star could do after winning such a prestigious award. Unfortunately, Connelly decided to star in the critical and commercial flop, "Hulk."

To Connelly's credit, the film was directed by Ang Lee of "Sense and Sensibility" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." She described the superhero movie as character-driven and as an ally to Connelly. In an interview with Sci-Fi Wire, Connelly said, "She said, 'Well, it's actually a Greek tragedy. It's actually a psychodrama.'"

In an interview with The Magazine, Connelly expressed how disappointed she was with how the film turned out. "I can't say that she feels completely neutral about it," she explained. "Who wouldn't want people to respond favorably to something they do? I want that too." Fortunately for Connelly, her career was not affected. While you won't see her in pure comedy, Connelly continues to produce interesting characters like in "Top Gun: Maverick" and the TV show "Snowpiercer."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.