Type Here to Get Search Results !

Megan Fox decided not to continue being a Hollywood star

A decade after mentally collapsing because of the machismo that reigns in the film industry, the actress tells her version of events

Megan Fox decided not to continue being a Hollywood star

A decade ago, Megan Fox was the actress that every director wanted to have in their movies and every magazine on the cover of her. But although she had a promising career ahead of her, in 2009 she almost completely disappeared to, after the years and with euphoria, resume acting from a lower profile.

At the time of her, that break was sold as an exclusive problem of Fox, which she had a reputation for being problematic on set. At least that is the story that was sold from the offices where the film industry is controlled, which made sure that everyone knew that she had been fired days before starting to shoot Transformers 3 for having compared its director Michael Bay with Adolf Hitler though it was not Bay but the producer of the saga, Steven Spielberg, who asked to be thrown out of the project. "He wants to earn a reputation as a megalomaniac, it's a nightmare to work for him," Meghan clarified about her statements. But her words were useless: the damage had already been done and her name sounded like poison in the industry.

In any case, that already sounds like prehistory. More for the public than for Megan herself, who has now wanted to tell her point of view about everything that happened in those turbulent years in which, by refusing to be seen solely as a body, she ended up on the brink of a mental crisis without precedents.

It all happened a few days before Jennifer's Body was released, a horror comedy in which Megan played a cheerleader possessed by the devil. A tape in which her only claim was to see her killing her classmates dressed as a schoolgirl. A promotional approach that forced the actress to say enough.

“I think I had a real psychological breakdown. I didn't want anyone to see me. I didn't want to take photos for magazines or walk red carpets, ”she confesses during a conversation with Entertainment Tonight.

“But it wasn't just in that movie. I felt like that every day of my life, all the time, on every project I worked on and with every producer I came across. What led me to collapse came from much earlier, ”she says.

Megan Fox decided not to continue being a Hollywood star

“I was afraid of exposing myself to the public because I was sure somehow everyone was going to make fun of me, yell at me, and stone me just for showing up. It was a very dark time in my life, ”she says.

“In a way, when I talked about how bad I had been shooting Transformers, I think I got ahead of the #MeToo movement before society understood that it was a problem,” she complains.

“I was there talking out loud about everything that had happened to me and the only response I would get from everyone is 'Oh well f**k. We don't care, you deserve what happened to you. They did not care about my message, they only looked at my appearance, the clothes I wore, and the jokes I made at that time, ”she says.

Fortunately for her, the light at the end of this tunnel came in the form of Brian Austin Green, star of the Sensation of Living series, whom she married in 2010 and with whom she already has three children: Noah, Journey, and Bodhi.

“When I got pregnant it was the first time I felt like I could see everything from above, that I could breathe and that I could be normal,” she recalls. “And then the next one came, and the next one… Every child I've had has always been like opening a door to find a better version of myself,” she concludes.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.