Type Here to Get Search Results !

Reese Witherspoon and her memory of a s- scene in which she starred at the age of 19

Reese Witherspoon is one of the most popular and beloved actresses in Hollywood. Thanks to her talent, perseverance, and charisma, she has managed to earn a place in the industry both in front of the screen and behind it, since in recent years the blonde has surprised her as a producer.

Reese Witherspoon and her memory of a s- scene in which she starred at the age of 19

However, along the way, the American star has participated in some projects that she does not have good memories of. Such is the case of Fear, a psychos- thriller that she starred in in 1996 with actor Mark Wahlberg.

In this film, directed by James Foley, Witherspoon plays Nicole Walker, a girl who always dreamed of falling in love with someone special. This is how David McCall (played by Mark Wahlberg) crosses her path and wins her over instantly; What this young woman doesn't know is that behind that facade of a sensitive man is a possessive and manipulative man. Although the story does not stand out for its originality, it did raise eyebrows due to its strong scenes. In fact, a possible affair between the protagonists was even hinted at.

"I had no control over it," Witherspoon said in a recent interview with Harper's Bazaar, referring to one sequence in particular: the one he filmed in an amusement park where he had to fake an orgasm on the roller coaster when he was just 19 years old. After assuring that she felt quite uncomfortable and even requested a stunt double to avoid undressing on camera, the actress revealed: "It was not explicit in the script that this is what was going to happen, so I think that was something the director He thought on his own and then he asked me on set if I would do it, and I said no. It was not a particularly good experience.”

Despite the discomfort that shooting that scene caused her, the Legally Blonde interpreter explained how that fact helped her understand what she wanted to do and what she didn't want to do in the middle: "Certainly, I'm not traumatized or anything like that, but it was formative. It made me understand my place in the pecking order of cinema. I think it is another one of those stories that made me want to promote change and be someone who could perhaps be in a better leadership position to tell stories from a female perspective instead of from a male gaze, ”warned who in 2016 was able to fulfill his I dream of his production company Hello Sunshine, responsible for successful fiction such as Everybody Loves Daisy Jones, The Morning Show, Little Fires Everywhere and Big Little Lies.

Providing a platform for women to tell "their stories in their own words" is the goal of this company that coincidentally was born with the #MeToo movement, a campaign in which Witherspoon actively participated by revealing that a director had assaulted her when she was 16 years. “Hello, Sunshine was built around the idea that the media was largely dominated by male voices and male perspectives, so to create opportunities for women to tell their stories in their own words, you only get better. perspective of human experience. I think about the limited experience of that expression that my mother or grandmother had of artists at that time because women were very sublimated. It's just a new moment, a new era for women to succeed and stand out, and I'm happy to be the fuel they need, ”she confessed after throwing herself fully into the world of production.

"Before Legally Blonde, I felt very competitive and jealous of other women and not supportive," she acknowledged in the same interview as she recalled the unsuccessful effort she made to win popular roles like Clueless (1995) and Romeo and Juliet. (nineteen ninety-six). “I was really unhappy, I wasn't seeing the abundance of opportunities,” she said.

According to her own words, being a mother at the age of 22 was a turning point in her career. “When I got pregnant with Ava, I asked myself, 'Who do I want my daughter to see?' I really want to be a woman that she admires, so I worked hard on it, ”she confessed, who has since begun to choose her roles more carefully. “I got The Trap, and I ended up in Color Love, which was amazing. Ava asked me the other day where I came up with these characters, like Tracy Flick (from The Trap), Elle Woods (from Legally Blonde), and Melanie Smooter (from Forget Me Not). I created them all in the span of five, or six years, when she was 20 years old... Sometimes I look back and say: 'How the hell did I do that?' ”, She recounted still surprised.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.