Type Here to Get Search Results !

The Real Reason why Meryl Streep thought her career was over

"I remember when she was around 40, she thought that every movie would be her last," the actress declared.

The Real Reason why Meryl Streep thought her career was over

Meryl Streep has been in the industry for so long that it's hard to imagine what Hollywood would be like without her. But the truth is that when the actress turned 40, she felt that her career was coming to an end. She thus stated it in some statements:

"I remember when she was in her 40s, she thought every movie would be her last," Streep once told the Wall Street Journal. "And all the evidence from other women in their 40s at that time - from this 27 years ago - led you to believe it was over."

Meryl Streep was about to quit acting for her first movie role

On a couple of occasions throughout her career, Streep was tempted to leave the industry early. Although her work in front of the camera began in childhood making her stand out, Meryl became disillusioned with her career choice and began to wonder if it would not be better to follow another path.

"I was very influenced by environmental concerns and I thought that being an actress, at the time, seemed like an indulgence or a vanity project that I was getting into debt for, and maybe if I was going to get into debt it should be in the service of something more meaningful and something more measurable," he once told The Hollywood Reporter. "My contribution would be something that could be seen instead of what I intended, which was a life in the theater."

Streep's performances at Yale, where she trained as an actress, would later draw the attention of some in the film industry. In 1977, Ella Streep played a small supporting role alongside Jane Fonda, but she didn't like that role too much. For this reason, she once again considered the idea of completely leaving the film industry.

My wig was wrong, and they took the words from a scene I shot with Jane and put them in my mouth in another scene. I thought I had made a terrible mistake, that I wouldn't make any more movies. I hate this business," Streep once said, according to Living magazine.

Of course, Meryl Streep continued in the film industry for years, up to the present day, and we hope that she will continue to do so for many years to come.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.