Type Here to Get Search Results !

Winona Ryder remembers how bad she had it after breaking up with Johnny Depp

The 'Stranger Things' Winona Ryder reveals that she had to go to therapy to get over her breakup

Winona Ryder remembers how bad she had it after breaking up with Johnny Depp

Winona Ryder and Johnny Depp were one of the most glamorous couples of the 1990s. They were young and attractive and their career was beginning to take off in Hollywood when they met at the premiere of the movie Big Ball of Fire in 1989. Two months later they had their first date and their love was so real and so intense that after five months they met. they had committed. A year later they starred in Edward Scissorhands, one of the most successful films of their careers, and they lived a most passionate love story that lasted four years. The actor even got Winona Forever tattooed on his right arm, an inscription that after his breakup he modified to Wino Forever.

True to her discretion, Winona has always tried to keep her personal life completely private, but in her latest interview with Harper's Bazaar, she hinted that her breakup with Johnny Depp in 1993 and the ruthless culture that existed at that time in Hollywood They hurt him a lot. She refers to that stage as "innocence interrupted in real life", referring to the film she starred in 1999, where her character entered a psychiatric center, and in which her partner Angelina Jolie won an Oscar for Best Actress in Distribution.

The protagonist of Stranger Things tells how a therapist helped her and suggested that she try to imagine herself being younger and try to be kinder to that girl, "I remember I was playing this character who ends up being tortured in a Chilean prison [in the 1994 drama The House of the Spirits]. I was looking at these fake bruises and cuts on my face [from filming], and I was struggling to see myself as this girl. 'Would you be treating this girl the way you treat yourself?' same?' I remember looking at myself and saying, 'This is what I'm doing to myself inside.' Because I just wasn't taking care of myself," she admits ruefully.

Ryder remembers how Michelle Pfeiffer, her co-star in The Age of Innocence, showed her full support after her breakup and told her that the confusing and crazy thing she now saw in her life would fade and finally everything would return to normal. "I remember Michelle saying, 'This is going to happen.' But I couldn't listen to it," she reveals in one of the most sincere confessions she has made so far. Although there were people who told her that everything was temporary, Winona couldn't listen to reasons beyond the pain in her heart. "I've never talked about it. ", he says about this painful time. "There is a part of me that is very private. I have a place in my heart for those days. But for someone younger who grew up with social media, it's hard to describe,” she says.

Winona Ryder remembers how bad she had it after breaking up with Johnny Depp

The actress is open-hearted and reveals that the final straw came in 2001 when she was arrested for stealing from a luxurious department store in Beverly Hills. The press attacked her, calling her a kleptomaniac and then she disappeared from her. "I definitely retired," explains the Minnesota star, who wanted to break with everything and is now returning to taste the joys of her success with her series Stranger Things.

These statements come months after Winona Ryder came to the defense of Johnny Depp following accusations of domestic violence by Amber Heard and assured a judge that they were "impossible to believe." "I don't want to call anyone a liar, but because of my experience with Johnny, I can't believe that these horrendous accusations are true. I find it extremely disconcerting knowing him as I do," were the actress' words in her court statement, which is The Blast echoed.

"I knew Johnny very well years ago. We were together as a couple for four years and I saw him as my best friend, as close to me as if he were family. I count our relationship as one of the most significant of my life. I understand that It's very important that I talk about my own experience," Winona said. "Obviously I wasn't there during his marriage to Amber, but from my experience, which was so completely different, I was absolutely shocked, confused, and angry" after learning of the allegations. against the actor from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because her courtship with him had nothing to do with what was reported by the actress from The Rum Diaries. "The idea that he is an incredibly violent person is as far removed from the Johnny I knew and loved as possible. I can't fathom these accusations," she admitted. "He was never, ever violent to me. He was never, ever abusive to me at all. That I've ever seen, he's never been violent or abusive to anyone. I just know him, sincerely and honestly, as a very good man, an incredibly loving guy and extremely affectionate who was very protective of me and the people he loves. I felt very, very safe with him," was his statement before the judge, which was followed by other testimonies such as those of his exes Vanessa Paradis and Kate Moss.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.