Type Here to Get Search Results !

Famous actress Chloe Grace Moretz talked about how a meme ruined her life

Chloe Grace Moretz has taken a lot of therapy and assures that she is a different woman

Famous actress Chloe Grace Moretz talked about how a meme ruined her life

The renowned actress Chloe Grace Moretz opened her heart and spoke about the suffering it was to face body dysmorphic disorder after a "horrible meme" that was made of her changed her life completely, since after that she did not want to leave her house or participate in any project so that it would not be talked about.

The “joke” is a comparison of a photo of her, entering a hotel with two boxes of pizza, with a character from “Family Guy”, in which the 25-year-old girl appears to have long legs and a torso. short, and was one of the most widespread memes at the time. According to what she confessed in an interview for “Hunger” magazine, this aroused insecurities in her.

“Everyone was making fun of my body and I mentioned it to someone and they were like, 'Oh, shut the hell up, it's funny,'" the "Carrie" actress said. But Moretz said that while she "never really talked of this," suffered from body dysmorphia.

"I remember sitting there and thinking, 'My body is being used as a joke and it's something I can't change about who I am, and it's being posted all over Instagram,'" she said. After that, she didn't leave her house. She mentioned that being alone made her feel "very good" because she had the opportunity to get away from the photographers and be herself without the fear of being judged.

Moretz added how the offensive photo of her made her "kind of sad" since it made her feel uncomfortable going out in public. "She took away a layer of something I used to enjoy, which was getting ready and going to a rug and taking a photo, and she made me feel super self-conscious," she said.

It's something she hasn't been able to overcome.

She said that she has taken many therapy sessions stemming from problems related to being in the spotlight. "I think body dysmorphia, which we all deal with in this world, extrapolates to the problems of social media," she said, as reported by The New York Pesto.

She commented that these years have served her well, they have been transformative is an understatement, to say the least. I am a very different girl than she was. "Now I feel like a woman... But to this day, when I see that meme, it's a very difficult thing for me to deal with."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.