Type Here to Get Search Results !

Johnny Depp is separated from the Fantastic Beasts saga

Johnny Depp portrayed the character of Grindelwald in the first two installments of the Fantastic Beasts film series.

Johnny Depp is separated from the Fantastic Beasts saga

Fans of the Harry Potter universe had initially welcomed Johnny Depp's inclusion in the Fantastic Beasts franchise.

However, following his recent legal loss in a defamation trial against The Sun newspaper, the actor officially announced his departure from the role of the enigmatic dark wizard, Gellert Grindelwald.

Depp shared this challenging news via his Instagram profile, where he released a statement that read, "I want to inform you that Warner Bros. has asked me to step down from my role as Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts, and I have respectfully accepted their request."

This unforeseen turn of events occurred shortly after Johnny Depp's legal setback in the United Kingdom, where The Sun had labeled him as a "wife beater" in a 2018 article. 

In his message, Depp also expressed his intention to appeal the court's decision, saying, "The surreal judgment of the UK court will not deter my determination to uphold the truth. 

I confirm my plans to appeal, as I remain resolute in proving the falseness of the accusations against me. This moment will not define my life or career."

Warner Bros. also addressed the situation through a spokesperson, confirming that Depp's role would be recast ahead of the third installment of the Fantastic Beasts series. The spokesperson stated, "Johnny Depp will no longer be part of the Fantastic Beasts franchise.

We appreciate his contributions to the films thus far. Fantastic Beasts 3 is currently in production, and the character of Gellert Grindelwald will be re-cast. The film is scheduled for a worldwide theatrical release in the summer of 2022."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.