Type Here to Get Search Results !

Natalie Portman revealed that she was a victim of s--ual terrorism

During the Women's March, held in Los Angeles, the actress recounted the drama experienced after she participated in 'León: The Professional'.

Natalie Portman revealed that she was a victim of s--ual terrorism

Natalie Portman was one of the celebrities who took part in the massive Women's March, which took place in Los Angeles to protest for equality and the end of discrimination and intolerance.

However, the Oscar winner's participation made headlines due to a confession she made during her speech. She revealed that she was a victim of “s--ual terrorism” after her performance in the film León: The Professional, at 13 years old.

She said that after her star performance in the film released in 1994, she had to inhibit her expression and cover her body. Especially after the first letter she received from a fan.

“I excitedly opened my first fan letter to read a rape fantasy that a man had written to me,” she recalled. She even recounted the painful act that a local radio station performed when she turned 18.

“My local radio show started a countdown to my 18th birthday – euphemistically the date it would be legal to sleep with me. Film critics talked about my budding breasts in their reviews. "I quickly understood, even when I was 13, that if I expressed myself, I would feel insecure and that men would feel entitled to discuss and objectify my body to my great discomfort," said the actress.

Natalie Portman said that because of these experiences she was forced to modify her behavior and refuse to play roles with scenes with kisses.

Like her, Scarlett Johansson also revealed that she was a victim of uncomfortable situations when she began her career in the film industry.

“You were 19 years old and I began to remember all the men who had taken advantage of the fact that I was a young woman who did not yet have the tools to say no or the awareness of the value of my own worth,” said the Avengers actress.

"I had many relationships, both personal and professional, where the power dynamics were so unpleasant that I had to create a narrative that I was the cool girl who could hang out and that sometimes meant compromising what made me feel good," she added. Johansson.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.