Type Here to Get Search Results !

Jessica Alba Unveils Her Strategy for Navigating Hollywood's S----lized Environment

Jessica Alba recently opened up about her approach to surviving in an industry known for the objectification of women and the presence of s---al predators.

Jessica Alba Unveils Her Strategy for Navigating Hollywood's S----lized Environment

Acknowledging the early roles that highlighted her s-nsuality, such as in 'Never Been Kissed' and 'Sin City,' Alba shared insights during an appearance on 'Who's Talking to Chris Wallace?' regarding how she assimilated the challenges and protected herself from potential predators in Hollywood.

Recognizing the industry's use of s----lity as a commercial and strategic tool, the 41-year-old actress explained, “I think I understood that it needed to help sell the product. And they sell it the way they do, so I understood it as a commercial and a strategic decision. And so I was able to distance myself from that." Despite this awareness, she acknowledged the inability to control others' perceptions.

Alba revealed her discomfort with owning her s----lity at the start of her career, stating, “I don't think there's anything wrong with owning your s----lity. I just, frankly, definitely wasn't that person. I was very nervous about it all and felt quite uncomfortable in my own skin.”

To shield herself from potential predators, Alba adopted a unique strategy, cultivating a “very masculine energy” to deflect unwanted attention. She emphasized that this defensive approach was crucial during her formative years in Hollywood, from ages 12 to 26.

The actress shared that her perspective on femininity evolved significantly after becoming a mother. She began to shed the protective "armor of masculinity" and embraced her own power and femininity. Describing the protective demeanor she assumed, Alba stated, “I was a warrior. I put that energy. It was really hard. I swore like a sailor and I think I tried to make myself as inaccessible as possible so they wouldn't take advantage of me.”

These revelations provide context to previous comments from Alba's 'Dark Angel' co-star, Jensen Ackles, who mentioned challenges working with her, attributing it to the immense pressure she faced. Now, with Alba's explanation, it becomes evident that her assertive and defensive stance was a response to the masculine energy she adopted during that period. In 'Dark Angel,' Alba portrayed Max, a young woman who genetically enhances herself to become a super soldier and navigates a complex journey of self-discovery and survival.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.