Type Here to Get Search Results !

Vince Gilligan revealed the success of Breaking Bad after 15 years its premiere

"I wish I knew how to repeat it"

The series will be seen again on the A&E screen as part of a new anniversary. Before its relaunch, the creator recounted the most relevant moments and the keys to success.

"Breaking Bad" became one of the most acclaimed series of all time and 15 years after its premiere, it continues to attract fans across the globe.

Vince Gilligan revealed the success of Breaking Bad after 15 years its premiere

The series created by Vince Gilligan and starring Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul will return to the small screen with A&E on May 29 at 10 pm. will air all its episodes to enjoy this blockbuster again as part of its fifteenth anniversary.

In this sense, Gilligan spoke of the importance of his series, the keys to success, and, how it was carried out thinking that it would be a series that would never go beyond a simple pilot.

"15 years ago I thought, oh my gosh, the best thing to come out of this is to do an episode, a pilot episode. And then I go out and do something else because who's going to be crazy enough to watch a show about a guy dying? cancer and make a terrible drug? It's just, this is going to be the biggest flop ever. Not in my wildest dreams did I imagine this show would exist, let alone that it would be a huge success," he recalled.

"And so, in short, 'Breaking Bad' means good fortune to me, personally. It makes me feel like I've won the lottery," said the creator of the series, which follows the life of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), who is a chemistry teacher who sees his world come crashing down when he is diagnosed with cancer. Finding no way out and fearing for the future of his family, he decides to get into the world of drug trafficking with the help of a former student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul).

"Bryan Cranston made the character of Walter White sympathetic. He was very excited about the idea of taking the good guy and turning him into the bad guy. That was very exciting to me. I didn't know if it would work. I had, as we say, the courage of my ignorance ", he stressed.

If "Breaking Bad" came out in 2023, would it be a hit now?

In the interview for the revival of Breaking Bad on TV, Vince Gilligan analyzed the success that the series could have had if it had been released in these times.

Vince Gilligan revealed the success of Breaking Bad after 15 years its premiere

In this regard, the director said: "I really believe that everything has its perfect moment. And the sadness of creativity and the sadness of doing this for a living is that I know that some programs and movies will never see the light of day at all. the world. I know some shows and movies never make it because it's hard. It's hard to get through all the noise. It's hard to find an audience because especially nowadays there are so many movies and TV shows. So it feels like one of many more. And that's a double-edged sword. That's good because it means more people have a chance to tell their stories around the world. But the other side of the other edge of the sword is that it's getting harder and harder for it to explode a spectacle", he analyzed.

"And I don't know if 'Breaking Bad' would have blown up if it came out now. So timing really is everything. And timing, that's just luck. I'd love to take credit for all the success of 'Breaking Bad,' but a lot of that was out of my control," he said.

The reason for the success of "Breaking Bad"

"Breaking Bad" was a success for many reasons. According to Gilligan, a lot was down to the incredible actors who brought the series' intricate characters to life.

"We had wonderful actors. And it was the right time. And it was the right kind of thing. And it was a little different from what was around it. But it also had similarities. I wish I knew how to repeat it. I feel like it's time to do something different. to 'Breaking Bad' and 'Better Call Saul' (prequel to the series), not because I don't love them, but because I want to see if I can do it again, like I want to see if I can come up with something new that people will like. like it," he said.

What was the hardest thing about making "Breaking Bad"

For the director, writing the scripts for the series was quite a challenge, especially for what it implied getting more and more into that intricate world where Walter White was getting closer to his darkest side.

"Working on it all those years as a writer was hard because, I'm not complaining, I'm lucky, but it made it hard to see the world through the eyes of Walter White. And I'll give you an example. I was driving through Burbank, California, on my way home. And I was stopped at a traffic light. And all of a sudden, I had this fear that the car next to me would shoot me. And it was irrational. There was no reason to think so. It was just a mom and her kids. All of a sudden I thought, What if someone starts shooting at me? And I was so in Walter White's head that moments like that would happen. And it got very dark," he recounted how the series affected him.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.