Type Here to Get Search Results !

Sharon Stone has refused to let death take her life, for two decades

If we talk about great figures in cinema, we couldn't pass up the actress Sharon Stone.

Sharon Stone has refused to let death take her life, for two decades

The star grew up in the film industry after her debut in 1980 and everything indicated that infinity was her limit; However, the truth is that throughout all these decades, she has been fighting a tough battle for one of the things that has the most weight in our lives: her health. Although few know it, Sharon has defied death on more than one occasion.

It was 2001 when Sharon Stone was 43 years old, and just then the actress discovered that she had a series of benign tumors on her br--sts. Although at first, its eradication was only a matter of undergoing surgery that should be harmless, things began to get complicated for the actress, and her health, instead of improving, began to deteriorate.

According to what the actress remembers, the tumors that appeared “were gigantic, bigger than my br--stt.” Naturally, her next step was to remove them through surgery, but she did not count on the fact that her surgeon was going to make decisions about her body that were not her responsibility. When Sharon woke up from the anesthesia and looked at her br--sts, she felt that they were much bigger, even bigger than with the tumors. Shortly afterward she learned that her doctor had placed implants in her br--sts without her consent.

As the actress remembers, the professional defended herself by saying that she would look better with large br--sts and that that size “went better with the size of her hips.” As if an experience like that were not enough, that same year her life wanted to deal another blow. An unexpected stroke due to stroke drastically changed the actress's life and, in the process, affected her “already established” success. In September 2001, the actress was emergency hospitalized because a rupture in her left cerebral artery caused bleeding that lasted nine days. In an interview for a Spanish media, Stone recalled her suffering: “I had both short- and long-term memory loss, I also lost part of my left ear and I had stuttering problems. I couldn't feel my left leg from hip to knee and had to relearn how to walk, talk, read and write. “It was starting from scratch.”

As expected, recovering from an episode like this is not easy and requires a lot of patience. The ideal in these cases would be to receive as much support as possible, but, for Sharon, this did not happen: “People treated me in a brutally cruel way. From other women in my own industry to the judge who handled my custody case, I don't think anyone understands how dangerous a stroke is for women, and how long it takes for them to recover." Before her episode, Stone was one of the most in-demand stars in the media, but after what happened to her, it took her career about seven years to get back on track.

While we might think that life works differently for celebrities, the truth is that their realities are sometimes too similar to ours. When Sharon disappeared from the scene due to her stroke, the bills began to accumulate and difficulties did not take long to arrive, as she remembers: “I had to remortgage my house. I lost everything I had. I lost my place in the industry. And I was like the big star of the moment, you know? “Princess Diana and I were very famous, she died, I had a stroke, and we were both forgotten.”

After a life experience like that, Sharon kept the lessons from her illness and transformed them into advice for others: “If you have a really bad headache, you have to go to the hospital. I didn't go until the third or fourth day after my stroke. Most people die. I had a 1% chance of survival when I had surgery, and for a month they didn't know if I would live. Nobody told me, I read it in a magazine.” Many of us would think that after fighting for his life in this way, things would improve in the rest of his journey, but things do not always go as one expects.

At the end of 2022, the artist took to her social networks to announce to her followers that she, once again, had to fight to stay alive. At 64 years old, the actress was diagnosed with a “large fibroid tumor,” which could be detected after requesting a second medical opinion, since in the first she had been given a wrong diagnosis and had undergone several improper operations. A medical error that also made it difficult for her to start treatment later for what she really had. In her words: “Another misdiagnosis and another incorrect procedure. And with a double epidural. After the pain worsened, I decided to get a second opinion: I have a large fibroid tumor that needs to be removed.”

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.