Type Here to Get Search Results !

The day Brooke Shields candidly expressed her disdain for Michael Jackson's father

The relationship between Brooke Shields and Michael Jackson remains one of the most talked-about connections in recent memory, not for its romantic nature, but for the enduring friendship that blossomed when Shields was just 13 years old.

The day Brooke Shields candidly expressed her disdain for Michael Jackson's father

"We were fans of each other, and we connected instantly. We laughed very hard. I wasn't looking for a musical career or trying to gain something from it; we just started dating casually," revealed the star of "The Blue Lagoon" in an interview from years ago.

Their bond, forged from growing up in the same limelight and developing defense mechanisms at an early age, was described by Shields: "I think because we grew up in the same scene and started at such a young age, and built up defense mechanisms, we realized we had to protect each other."

Despite the impeccable relationship with the King of Pop, Brooke Shields never saw eye to eye with the artist's father, Joe Jackson. During a 1993 interview with Oprah Winfrey, she was asked, "Does Michael Jackson feel more like a brother than a boyfriend?" Shields responded, stating, "It's hard to explain because I feel like it's love on a different level. I feel more connected to him than to the rest of the boyfriends I've had. He gave me the most incredible ring I had ever seen, and of course, people blew it out of proportion, saying we were engaged. But it was a friendship ring."

Michael Jackson repeatedly proposed to Shields, who conveyed to Rolling Stone, "I told him, you will have me for the rest of your life; you don't have to marry me."

In an interview with the Jim and Sam show, Shields disclosed that she confronted Joe Jackson at Michael's funeral on September 3, 2009. Despite giving a poignant speech at the service, reminiscing about their adventures, including attending Elizabeth Taylor's wedding, Shields did not hold back when discussing Joe Jackson: "I never liked dad, and he never liked me. He's not a human being; he's the devil."

Reflecting on that moment, Shields now acknowledges "regrets" for her forthrightness. However, she shared that on the day of the funeral, after consuming several "drinks," she approached Michael's father, expressing, "You never liked me, you never seemed to like me. I never liked you; you've always been bad. And do you know what I want to give you? Thank you for your son. Because your son changed the world, and he was my friend."

The 57-year-old actress recalled Jackson's attempt to refute her argument, describing him as "disgusting" and surrounded by younger women. When asked if Michael Jackson came to hate his father, Shields responded, "I don't think you can deeply hate a family member. I think he was so hurt by him that he couldn't believe how evil he was."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.