Type Here to Get Search Results !

This is how George Clooney met his wife Amal Alamuddin

The actor was labeled Hollywood's unredeemed bachelor until a friend showed up at his house with lawyer and activist Amal Alamuddin.

This is how George Clooney met his wife Amal Alamuddin

Many singles of a certain age say that it can be difficult to meet new and interesting people. The love history of actor George Clooney does not lead one to think that this was the case for him, but in the end the convinced Hollywood bachelor met what is now his wife without even leaving his house.

This is how the 56-year-old actor explained it in an appearance on a program hosted by the famous David Letterman that premieres on Netflix on February 9 and is titled My Next Guest Needs No Introduction.

“I didn't leave the house,” Clooney explained clearly to Letterman. Although, of course, the phrase has a trick: he didn't need to leave her because she visited him at home. It was July 2013, the interpreter was at his house on Lake Como (Italy), where his parents were also spending a few days, and a mutual friend called him telling him that he was passing through the area on his way to Cannes and that I was accompanied by a friend. “Shall I stop to see you and can I bring my friend?” He asked her. And he only had to answer: “Of course!”

George Clooney did not have any information about Amal Alamuddin, a human rights lawyer (39 years old), but his agent did know her, who did not take long to call him and say: “I met this woman who is going to go to your house, with whom you're getting married'. And it really happened like that,” explains the actor during the interview.

The attraction existed from the first moment. The actor's father has previously stated that he saw how his son's face changed throughout the first evening in which he met the woman who is now his wife. But Clooney explains that not everything was immediate. "We stayed up talking all night. And I got her email address because she was going to send me some pictures of my parents. We started texting each other. I didn't know if she wanted to go out with me, I just thought we were friends." And that's how it went for weeks of conversations in which they talked mainly about "what was happening in each other's lives. Until after a while it became clear that we were more than just friends."

They say the rest is history. In October 2013, George invited Amal to visit him in London, where she was working. And it was “a good first date,” in the actor's words.

That night he not only got to know his future partner better but he was also able to see how he could handle the pressure of the press in the future. “We went to dinner,” Clooney explained in an interview. “It was Amal who chose the place, one of those incredibly modern and chic places. And when we came out, there were 50 paparazzi, but she handled the situation like a champ.”

According to Clooney, from this good first date, everything happened very quickly. On April 28, 2014, he was so clear that he planned a great night in which he would prepare a romantic dinner for his partner, because the actor insists on clarifying that he is the family cook. “Amal makes reservations; I prepared pasta in some way that I don't remember being very impressive,” she details.

And after dinner, while they were toasting champagne, George asked Amal to take a lighter out of a drawer to light a candle, and when she handed it to him, he pulled out a ring. "I got down on my knees and did all the things you're supposed to do," Clooney explained. "I had a playlist of my songs from Rosemary [his late aunt, who was a singer], and I was waiting for a specific song: 'Why shouldn't I?' / Why shouldn't I take a chance when the romance passes? / Why shouldn't I know about love?" It's a really good song about why I can't be in love."

“She said 'God!', and she kept saying 'Oh my God!', looking at the ring. “I was on my knees for 20 minutes waiting for her to say yes because she was in shock.”

The rest is history. One that had four days of wedding in Venice and a special ending on June 6, 2017, when the couple's twins, Ella and Alexander, were born. A moment that Clooney remembers as “wild.” "Everything is conceptual until that moment when you go from 'yes, we're going to be parents,' to 'God, I'm a father!'"

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.