Type Here to Get Search Results !

The reason Cameron Diaz gave up acting at the height of her career

Cameron Diaz took Hollywood by storm in the 1990s after starring in such blockbuster comedy films as The Mask, My Best Friend's Wedding, There's Something About Mary and The Break. Despite her success, the American actress decided to leave the world of cinema in 2014, because although she is seen in an interview, she has made it clear that she does not plan to return to the big screen. A couple of years ago, the actress joined a conversation with Gwyneth Paltrow on YouTube's Goop channel, where she discussed the launch of her new line of vegan wines, called Avaline. Likewise, Cameron Diaz took advantage of the space to confess the reasons.

Why she decided to leave acting eight years ago?

"When you make a movie... they own you. You're there, 12 hours a day, for months. You don't have time for anything else. And I realized that I gave parts of my life to those people, they took them from me. I basically had to take it all back and take responsibility for my own life," he said.

How does Cameron Diaz feel after quitting Hollywood?

The movie star mentioned that some people probably don't understand her reasons, but that leaving acting allowed her to "be self-sufficient again." Asked by Gwyneth Paltrow how she felt about leaving "a film career of such magnitude," Cameron Diaz replied, "It was like peace. Peace in my soul because I'm finally taking care of myself."

The actress told how difficult it was for her to live under public scrutiny and that everyone was aware of her every step in Hollywood. "Everyone is very aware of us. The actors are infantilized. In an overwhelming way, your life ends up narrowing. Everyone is doing things for and for you. I never got to feel completely comfortable with that, because it was not my zone of comfort," he said. There are few occasions in which Cameron Diaz has been seen before the cameras. In early 2020, the actress and her husband, Benji Madden, announced on their social media that they had become the parents of a girl they named Raddix Madden.

The reason Cameron Diaz gave up acting at the height of her career

Cameron Diaz and the day she revealed that she was used as a drug 'mule' The actress explained that at the time she worked as a model in Paris she spent all the money she had and after a year in the country she was unable to earn any income part. It was in that moment of desperation that the actress received a strange proposal that was to model in Morocco. “I had managed to save enough money to go to Paris and try to make a living as a model. However, I didn't get a single job in a year. The only thing they offered me was something that I think consisted of working as a 'mule' to take drugs to Morocco, I swear to God, "said the actress. "It was the early '90s and I was given a locked suitcase that my dresses were supposed to be in," she continued.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.