Type Here to Get Search Results !

Tom Holland explains his retirement from acting after filming his latest series

The actor has confessed that the experience "has broken" him, needing a break and getting away from acting for a while.

Tom Holland explains his retirement from acting after filming his latest series

Tom Holland rose to fame in 2017 with 'Spiderman: Homecoming', where he became a star in Hollywood and met his partner, Zendaya. Since then, the actor has filmed two more Spiderman movies and has embarked on new projects.

After facing several criticisms that affected his mental health, the actor decided to take a break from social networks in 2022. Now, Holland has announced in an interview for Extra his break from film and television after finishing filming.

It is a police thriller based on the true crimes of Danny Sullivan, who is played by Holland. Sullivan, who suffered from an identity disorder, was arrested for carrying out a shooting at Rockefeller Center in the summer of 1979.

Playing such a complex character has taken its toll on Tom, who has already revealed to Entertainment Weekly that he suffered a collapse while filming the series: "I saw myself in the character, but in my personal life I remember having a small breakdown at home and thinking: 'I'm going to shave my head. I need to shave my head because I need to get rid of this character.' And obviously, we were in the middle of shooting, so I decided against it… It was like nothing I've ever experienced before."

"It was a difficult time, without a doubt, we were exploring certain emotions that he definitely had never experienced before," Holland explained to Extra. The actor also launched himself as an executive producer on the series, for which he explained that "dealing with the daily problems that arise on any film set, he added an additional level of pressure."

"I am no stranger to hard work, I have lived with the idea that hard work is good work. On the other hand, the series has broken me. There came a time when I needed a break and I disappeared and went to Mexico for I spent a week and spent time on a beach and lying down. Now I'm going to take a gap year, it's a result of how difficult this series has been", revealed Tom, adding: "I was terrified with the idea of ​​playing this character and for me, that is a very good thing".

"I'm excited to see how it turns out. I feel like our hard work has not been in vain," he confessed. However, it seems that the first criticisms do not follow his wishes.

Despite taking a sabbatical from acting, the actor has stated that he will be "very much on social media" but that this year he plans to "be a normal Kingston guy and just chill."

Holland has confirmed that it is only a rest, but that he will return, without a doubt, to resume his career: "This experience has changed me. I feel more confident in my abilities as an actor, I feel that I know how to face confrontation better, and I can deal with certain situations that I wouldn't have been able to before. I feel like I've grown a lot, maybe more in these 10 months of shooting than I've grown in my entire career. It definitely feels like the beginning of the next chapter and I feel great, I'm very happy".

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.